Ordering an auto transporter is the most popular solution for long-distance car transportation, representing the best choice in terms of reliability, transportation cost, and time spent. Also, with the help of an auto transporter, you can transport not only cars but also buses, trucks, motorcycles, snowmobiles, scooters, and other vehicles.
What should I know about car transporting requirements?
Each company sets its requirements when preparing the car before transportation. When ordering an auto transporter through the Empire Auto Transportation service, you can familiarize yourself with the list of requirements of a particular company, but their general list is as follows:
- The vehicle must be clean so that it can be easily inspected for scratches and dents before transportation. It also recommends providing the car for inspection during daylight hours and taking photographs of the car in advance.
- It is better to equip car seats with protective materials.
- The tank of the car must contain from 5 to 10 liters of fuel, the batteries must be fully functional and charged. You also need to turn off all security systems.
- On vehicles equipped with adjustable suspension, it must be placed in the “transport” position.
- Remove everything on the roof of the car – ski bindings, removable roof racks, antennas. We also recommend folding the side windows.
- It will not be superfluous to put a jack, a spare wheel, and a spare set of keys in the trunk of the car.
Who orders the transportation of exotic cars?
The customers of car transportation in the USA are car manufacturers’ salons, wholesale buyers of imported cars, automobile factories. Special transport delivers to customers trade consignments of imported vehicles from Ukrainian ports, border customs terminals. Zero mileage on the speedometer and preservation of appearance are recognized as important criteria for the quality of delivery of cars for sale.
Freight transport of vehicles includes the transportation of heavy dump trucks and heavy road equipment. It is irrational to drive such transport over long distances on its own; for this, low-loader platforms are used. The same delivery will be required for faulty equipment.
What to look for when transporting a car?
As soon as you received the order, you (or your authorized representative) must inspect the vehicle for various damages. After you received the car, you and the drivers of the transporter must sign a deed of acceptance.
The deed of acceptance must be completed and signed by both parties, photographs of vehicles and an inventory of all things in the car, if any, must be attached to the deed. It is also necessary to indicate the number of keys from the car handed over to the carrier. A correctly drawn up acceptance certificate has legal force and a basis for making claims to the carrier if the machine is delivered in a condition that does not correspond to acceptance.